Saturday, April 24, 2010

Genesis


I wake up at the piercing sound of my cheap cell phone alarm. A little light transpires through my red curtains and paints the walls in a warm pink light. My divinely cozy down-comforter begs me to press snooze, and how can I refuse its offer of warmth on a cold morning? But the second time my alarm chimes, it is the sound of real world responsibility, harmonized with the promise that Buenos Aires never fails to deliver – something exciting.

And so I begin another day. The ‘makes no apologies’ attitude of the city was a tough adjustment, with the unrelenting challenges of seemingly simple tasks – like crossing the street or ordering a coffee – becoming dangerous or humiliating situations. But like anything you have to work for, the pleasure of your accomplishments is that much sweeter to savor. And after three months in the city, the sweetness is finally ripening.

I woke up this morning and decided it was time to start a blog. I’ve finally established some structure in my life, a dependable routine. Finally emerging from chaos and uncertainty, I’m finding my voice again. I have so much to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment